Stretch mark removal is today’s modern approach to unwanted stretch mark elimination. Stretch marks don’t usually need to be diagnosed. Doctors or healthcare providers might examine your skin and review your medical history. If these skin experts suspect an increase in your hormone cortisol level, you might be offered additional tests.
While stretch marks don’t require treatment since they are harmless and often fade over time, some medicines can make them vanish. However, they may never completely disappear. Today, let us talk about the twelve (12) best treatments you can try to eliminate those undesirable stretch marks. Read until the end and discover if one of these dozen can also help you with stretch mark removal.
What are Stretch Marks?
A stretch mark is a scar formed when the skin stretches too quickly and usually appears around puberty, during pregnancy, or when rapid weight fluctuations happen. Stretch marks, or striae, are indented streaks that can appear on our abdomen, hips, breasts, buttocks, or other places on our bodies. These marks are common in pregnant women, especially during their last trimester. These marks aren’t painful or harmful, but some people don’t like how they make their skin look. Hence, the development of stretch mark removal treatments.
Searching for how to eliminate these stretch marks is understandable since it’s your body and your preferences. One can be saved from spending too much money on random stretch mark creams or stretch mark oils that may or may not work by knowing options for stretch mark removal.
In general, stretch marks don’t look alike. They differ based on their longevity, what eventually caused them, where they are located on your body, and even your skin type. Common variations encountered during stretch mark removal treatments include the following:
- Bright streaks that fade to lighter colors
- Indented streaks or lines on the abdomen, buttocks, breasts, hips, or other places on the body
- Pink, black, red, purple, or blue streaks
- Streaks covering large body areas
If you are bothered and concerned about how stretch marks appear on your skin or if these marks cover large areas of your body, stretch mark removal options can work for your concern. Your doctor or healthcare provider can help determine the cause of these stretch marks and discuss stretch mark removal and treatment options related to this procedure.
All of us can develop stretch marks. However, some factors can increase your likelihood of getting them, including:
- Being female
- Being pregnant, especially for young pregnancy
- Exercising and using anabolic steroids
- Having genetic disorders like Marfan or Cushing’s syndrome
- Having personal or family histories of stretch marks
- Having surgery for breast enlargement
- Rapid growth in adolescence
- Rapid weight gain or loss
- Using corticosteroids
Best Stretch Mark Removal Treatments
Let’s break down and take a peek at a few of the top stretch mark removal treatments, including options that you can do at home or in your doctor’s office:
1. Differin Adapalene Gel – a prescription-strength retinoid containing the MVP adapalene that helps resurface the skin after three to six (3-6) months. Layer it all over the stretch mark area every night for one week, then two (2) nights a week for two (2) weeks, gradually working your way up indefinitely towards every other night.
2. Apostrophe Tretinoin Prescription – is a potent stretch mark removal option you should only use at night, at least once a week for a week or two (2), then use it twice a week until your skin eventually tolerates it for three (3) times a week. Always follow it with rich body lotions and SPF 30 or higher sunscreens in the morning.
3. Versed Press Restart Gentle Retinol Body Lotion stimulates collagen production and helps generate new and slightly thicker skin over time, with fewer irritating after-effects. This cream contains retinol, soothing vitamin E, moisturizing jojoba esters, squalene, and cocoa seed butter, leaving your skin and stretch marks feeling softer and smoother.
4. Laser Treatments – there are many laser treatment options for stretch mark removal, and they have been shown to give at least 50-75% improvement in stretch marks after a few sessions. If you’re considering laser treatments, talk to your dermatologist and find out which laser will be best for your stretch marks.
5. Microneedling with Radiofrequency – radiofrequency treatments trigger collagen production by penetrating the skin’s middle layers using heat energy. When paired with microneedling, you’ll get a combination of collagen-boosting therapy that smoothens textured stretch marks, eventually fading discoloration over time.
6. Ora Microneedle Face Full Body Roller Kit – is a stretch mark removal treatment that uses dermarolling and only pricks the skin instead of puncturing it. In addition, it stimulates the production of collagen and elastin, helping soften stretch marks after some time.
7. Injectable Collagen Stimulators – these treatment options can soften crepiness and stretch marks, giving you firmer skin. It’s important to remember that these injections aren’t permanent, some lasting about a year, while others last up to two (2) years.
8. Jergens Natural Glow Instant Sun Body Mousse – is a stretch mark removal option that helps blend your scars with your skin. It has a buildable color that adds golden tints to light skin tones, medium and dark, and lasts for a few days.
9. PMD Personal Microderm Pro – takes off outer dead skin layers to improve your skin’s texture, pore size, and pigmentation through vacuum-like suctions that lift off these dead skin cells, with its diamond-coated tip inside exfoliating your skin. As a result, this stretch mark removal option leaves your skin softer and smoother over time.
10. Bio-Oil Body Oil – these are regular 15-minute oil massages that can help prevent stretch marks, specifically in pregnant women, and moisturize and soothe your stretched skin. It has a lightweight consistency that is absorbed thoroughly once smoothened over your skin.
11. Keys Soulcare Rich Nourishing Body Cream – when spread out, this stretch mark removal option moisturizes all of your body. If you follow a twice-a-day application, this cream that contains almond oil and shea butter can provide noticeably softer, smoother, more elastic skin.
12. Fenty Beauty Body Sauce Body Luminizing Tint – this is a luminous body tint that helps blend marks into your skin, leaving it glowy. This formula is available in seven shades that range from light to profound, with mixed undertones of both golden and neutral.
Stretch mark removal treatments work per individual, so better consult your trusted skin care expert for the best results possible. Review all your options, and do some research to choose the best one for your stretch mark removal.