Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal
Tired of constantly shaving and waxing unwanted facial and body hair? With light-based hair removal you can get long term results and the touchable skin you’ve always wanted.
Brows, Chin, Feet, Hands, Neck, Upper lip, Areola, Sideburns
Bikini, Face and Neck, Stomach, Underarms, Buttocks
Brazilian, Chest, Shoulders, Back, Arms, Legs
The number of sessions may vary based on hair type, skin type and overall response rate.
Remove Unwanted Hair
What to Expect
Laser Hair Removal is possible on darker skin tones, but it’s crucial to use the appropriate laser to prevent harm or hyperpigmentation. Dash Medical Spa in Delray Beach offers laser hair removal treatments that provide excellent results on all skin types.
While laser hair removal is generally a safe and effective treatment for most people, there are certain factors that may make someone a less suitable candidate for the procedure. Here are some examples of people who may not be good candidates for laser hair removal:
- People with blonde, red, or grey hair: Laser Hair Removal targets the melanin in hair follicles to heat and destroys them. Since blonde, red, and grey hair have less melanin, it’s more difficult for the laser to target them effectively.
- People with certain medical conditions: Certain medical conditions, such as epilepsy, lupus, or diabetes, may make laser hair removal less safe or effective. It’s important to inform your provider of any medical conditions you may have before starting the treatment.
- People with a history of keloid scarring: Keloid scarring is an overgrowth of scar tissue that can occur in response to injury. People with a history of keloid scarring may be at a higher risk of developing keloids from Laser Hair Removal.
- People with sunburned or tanned skin: Laser Hair Removal should not be performed on skin that is sunburned or tanned, as it can increase the risk of complications such as burns or hyperpigmentation.
If you’re unsure if Laser Hair Removal is right for you, it’s best to consult with our licensed and experienced provider who can assess your individual needs and determine if the treatment is safe and appropriate for you.
At Dash Medical Spa, our providers recommend preparing for your laser hair removal appointment by avoiding waxing, tweezing, or plucking the hair you want to remove for two to six weeks before your session. Shaving is acceptable, however. It’s also important to avoid UV exposure, including tanning beds and self-tanning lotions, for at least a month before your treatment.
To ensure optimal results, we advise shaving the treatment area with a new and clean blade 24-48 hours before your appointment. This helps the laser light locate your hair follicles, making the treatment more effective. Our goal is to provide safe and effective laser hair removal services, and these steps can help you achieve the best results possible.
At Dash Medical Spa, we’ve witnessed amazing results with our clients within a month of their initial session. However, to ensure maximum results, we recommend at least 4-6 sessions. During each treatment, the laser targets and destroys the actively growing hair follicle, and weakens future hair growth.
Depending on the type of laser being used, some may experience the sensation of a mild pinch or the snap of a rubber band, while others may experience a sensation of warmth, like puffs of heat, making the experience virtually painless. However, everyone’s pain tolerance is different, so it’s important to communicate with your provider during the treatment.
Additionally, our providers can apply numbing to the area being treated and reduce any discomfort. This is especially helpful for sensitive areas like the bikini line or underarms.
Overall, our goal at Dash Medical Spa is to make your laser hair removal experience as comfortable as possible while achieving the best results for you.
The cost of laser hair removal depends on several factors, such as the type and color of hair, size of the treatment area, and number of sessions required. Generally, most people require five to eight sessions, depending on the area and hair growth cycle. At our facility, we offer treatment packages of six starting at $400. To determine the exact pricing, it’s essential to schedule a consultation with our laser specialist to assess the number of sessions you’ll need for optimal results.
During the consultation, our specialist will evaluate your skin type, hair color, and texture to create a customized treatment plan and provide an accurate cost estimate.
Smaller areas such as the upper lip, ears, and chin can be treated in 5-15 minutes, while larger areas like the back or legs may take up to an hour to complete. Before the treatment, your provider will assess your skin and hair to determine the best laser setting for your individual needs and goals. It is important to inform them of any medications or medical conditions you have.
Special eye protection is required during the treatment to prevent any damage to your eyes from the laser light. The laser emits a concentrated beam of light which damages the hair follicle and prevents regrowth. Your provider will methodically treat one small area at a time. Depending on the laser used, you may experience some mild discomfort, such as a warm pinprick or snap, as the laser passes over your skin.
Make sure to follow these tips for a speedy and comfortable recovery after laser hair removal treatment at our medical spa:
- Shield yourself from the sun’s rays by applying sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 to prevent any sun damage to the treated area.
- To keep up with your laser hair removal sessions, shave off any hair growth in between treatments, but avoid threading, waxing, or tweezing.
- After your laser hair removal session, you may experience some swelling, itching, and redness, which is normal and will subside in a few days. So, rest easy knowing that you’re on your way to having smooth and hair-free skin with the help of our medical spa.
REQUEST A CONSULTATION
Your first consultation is free!