IPL stands for “Intense Pulsed Light,” IPL Skin Revitalization is one of the most effective treatments for smoothing out skin tone and texture and can help treat a variety of different skin conditions. This laser treatment will decrease the appearance of brown spots and vessels for a more even skin tone.
The IPL treatment is designed to activate the skin’s natural healing processes without actually harming delicate dermal tissue. IPL therapy should not cause scarring, infection, or other complications when administered by a qualified provider. At Dash Medical Spa we use the best FDA approved Icon Laser Hair. Dash Medical Spa is one of the few providers of the Icon platform in the Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach areas. In addition to IPL therapy, only the Icon Laser can perform a Three For Me which is a proven way to solve wrinkles, sun damage and facial veins all at the same time.
- IPL Photofacials are a great way to treat sun-damaged skin. Overtime, sunlight breaks down the collagen in our skin which makes it weaker and appear more saggy. Additionally, sun damage causes dark spots. IPL can treat these and generate a significant amount of new collagen to replace the previous destroyed skin.
- IPL Photofacials are an efficient way to treat stubborn acne and acne scars. IPL can also kill harmful bacteria and reduces redness and inflammation. Repeated IPL photofacials encourage the skin to shed and renew its outer layer, a process that gradually eliminates scar tissue.
- IPL Photofacials can eliminate veins and capillaries and Rosacea. Our patients use the IPL photofacial to dissolve broken capillaries and spider veins for a more even, youthful complexion. This procedure is also ideal for treating conditions that cause diffuse redness, like rosacea.
- Frequent IPL Photofacials can prevent premature skin aging.
- IPL pairs well with Injectables like Botox or Dysport. Botox can reduce wrinkles in areas photofacials can’t treat, like the region around the eyes. Dermal fillers enhance the lifting effect of IPL therapy by replacing facial volume that’s been lost with age.
- IPL photofacials are powerful enough to access deep levels of the dermis without harming it. Therefore, there is very little downtime. The treatment lasts about an hour and you can return to work in 1-2 days.
- IPL photofacial is a less costly alternative to Laser Skin Resurfacing.
- IPL photofacial can almost double with a laser hair removal treatment. Clients with lighter skin tones can use IPL to remove hair from large areas. IPL hair removal works by targeting the melanin in hair follicles, causing hair shafts to heat up. This heat damages targeted hair follicles, preventing hair growth.