A facial is an easy way to improve the look and feel of your skin while also slowing the aging process for people with generally healthy skin. Depending on the type of facial chosen, individuals can experience everything from intense hydration to deep cleansing. Along with healthier skin cells, facials produce the following benefits:
- More radiant skin
- Intense hydration
- Removal of toxins
- Decreased acne and breakouts
- Improved circulation
All Facials Performed by a Medical Aesthetician
During your facial appointment, one of our licensed providers at Dash Medical Spa will first ask about what concerns the individual has about his or her skin. The provider will also look closely at the skin and perform a VISIA digital skin analysis to determine what treatment would be best. Our traditional facial generally consist of the following four steps:
Step One: Cleansing
During this step, the skin is cleansed and prepared for the rest of the facial. Makeup, dirt and grime are removed to prepare the skin to be deeply cleaned and hydrated.
Step Two: Exfoliating
During exfoliation, the outermost layer of dead skin cells are removed and underlying dirt is extracted from deep with the pores. Steam may be used to help open the pores.
Step Three: Massaging
The face and neck are massaged both for relaxation as well as to improve blood flow to the skin. Improved blood flow can improve skin radiance and regeneration.
Step Four: Specialization
Our provider will customize the final step in order to address the concerns of the client. This could be anywhere from dry skin to severe acne.
Diamond Glow Facial
Clear Acne Facial
Back & Body Facial
- What are some alternatives to a facial to improve my acne?
- I used to have acne, but now I am more concerned about my acne scars.
- What risks are associated with an acne facial?
If you choose not to have a facial done or if this is not a suitable option for your skin, there are other ways to treat acne. At Dash Medical Spa, we offer Obagi Skin Care products. One is called the CLENZI Derm which is a refreshing acne treatment that helps unclog and refine pores while clearing away dead skin. Formulated with 2% salicylic acid. While leaving a refreshed feel to the skin, Pore Therapy prepares the skin for the next step in the acne treatment regimen. Call our office at 561-409-5959 to find out more about Obagi and if this is a better option for you.
If you have scars from acne, there are treatments available for that as well. Your provider at Dash Medical Spa can let you know which treatment options are most suitable for your previous acne problem based on the type of acne you had, how severe it was and other factors. Typically, the option with the best results for acne scars is Microneedling. Microneedling is a collagen induced therapy used to eliminate visible skin conditions that naturally occur from Acne Scars.
If you are considering getting a facial for an acne problem, it’s important to keep the following concerns in mind:
- Facials are not recommended for severe, inflammatory acne. Exfoliation can lead to more severe inflammation, while extraction can result in acne scars.
- Extractions during facials can cause severe cosmetic problems if they’re done improperly which is why you should only go to a trusted and certified provider.
- One facial may not keep acne away for good. You’ll most likely need to have facials done each month or any time you have a breakout, since your skin continually grows and changes.
Request More Information:
- Aesthetician, NON-SURGICAL, Services
- Average Cost
- Recommended patients
- 25-55 yrs old